We predominately cover all of Great London and Essex, including neighbouring towns. This includes, but is not limited to:
Barking, Barnet, Basildon, Battersea, Beckton, Belvedere, Benfleet, Bexleyheath, Billericay, Bishops Stortford, Borehamwood, Bow, Brentford, Brentwood, Brixton, Bromley, Camden, Canvey Island, Central London, Chelmsford, Chigwell, Chingford, Chorleywood, Croydon, Dagenham, Dartford, Ealing, East Ham, Edmonton, Enfield, Epping, Epsom, Finchley, Gravesend, Grays, Greenwich, Hackney, Harefield, Harlow, Hatfield, Hemel Hempstead, Hertford, Hornchurch, Hounslow, Ilford, Islington, Langdon, Lewisham, Leyton, Loughton, Luton, North Weald, Northolt, Notting Hill, Ockendon, Ongar, Orpington, Peckham, Potters Bar, Purfleet, Purley, Rainham, Rayleigh, Richmond, Romford, Ruislip, Sevenoaks, Shenfield, Shepherds Bush, Shooters Hill, Sidcup, West Silvertown, Slough, Southend, St Albans, Stanford-le-Hope, Stanmore, Stanwell, Stepney, Stevenage, Stratford, Streatham, Swanley, Tilbury, Tottenham, Upminster, Uxbridge, Waltham Abbey, Walthamstow, Watford, Welling, Wembley, West Ham, Westminster, Weybridge, Wickford, Wimbledon, Wood Green, Woodford, Woolwich.
We also offer a national service for larger quantities of equipment. Please get in touch to discuss your needs.
For our Toner & Ink Cartridge Recycling Service, we cover the areas mentioned above only.
Yes! We do not charge anything for our electronic waste collections, data sanitisation/destruction and recycling services.
There are no contracts, and no commitments. Just contact us to arrange a collection, and we’ll come and do the rest.
Within 5 miles of Romford, we expect a minimum of 5 devices.
Within the areas mentioned above (Greater London & Essex), we expect a minimum of 14 devices.
If you are further afield, but have a larger quantity of devices, please contact us.
A generally classify a device as a computer, laptop, or server. You can mix and match devices to meet the minimum quantities.
If you do not meet the minimum quantities above, but still wish to use our services, we charge an upfront fee of £50 ex VAT per collection.
To ensure your data is never recoverable, we use industry-standard software and tools which provides NCSC-approved HMG Infosec Level 5 Enhanced data sanitisation methods. Once the sanitisation is complete, the software verifies the disk and creates a unique certificate of data erasure for the specific device is has just wiped.
Disks that require physical destruction have their platters drilled through and are then shredded leaving nothing but a pile of unrecognisable metal and electronic waste ready to be recycled.
You can assured that our methods of data sanitisation and destruction are secure.
In some cases, we can collection as soon as 4 hours, however we generally collect around 24-48 hours after our initial discussion. We can also schedule collections for further into the future when it is more convenient for you, such as school holidays or bank holidays.
No, we can collect directly from your stock room using our trollies. We do not expect you to move the equipment to a loading area. Also, we do not require you to provide a list of equipment being collected, unless you have specific needs within your organisation that require you to do so. If you do provide a list of equipment, we can check it off the list as we load the equipment into our vans.
No, all collections are carried out by Alpha IT Recycling employees. We will never send anyone else to collect on our behalf.
Once we have collected your equipment, it is taken straight to our secure depot where it is unloaded and audited. Data-bearing devices are removed from the equipment to be sanitised or destroyed as soon as possible. More information on that process can be found here.
Once the equipment is sanitised of its data, it is physically assessed. During this process, we remove any audit sticks or markings which contain your company information. We evaluate the equipment to determine whether it has resell value, or should be recycled.
Our IT & Electronic Waste Recycling Process
Arrange a Collection
1. Get in touch via phone or email. We’ll arrange a convenient time to collect your items.
No Fuss Collection
2. We’ll send you an ETA on the day of collection so you know when to expect us. Upon arrival, we’ll meet with your site contact to confirm the items being collected.
3. At our secure depot, items are unloaded to the booking in area. Items are assessed and audited. Hard drives are removed ready for data sanitisation.
4. Items go through our secure, certified, eco-friendly disposal process. Hard drives are sanitised using NCSC approved methods, or destroyed using specialist machinery.
5. As soon as your items have been processed, we’ll send you your hardware audit and certificates of data destruction.
Why Choose Us?
- Personal, reliable, and a tailored service every time
- No discreet costs, contracts, and commitments
- Free collections
- Certified data destruction using NCSC approved methods
- Free deinstallation and removal of equipment
- Free hardware audit report
- Out of hours and weekend collections
- Small or large quantities
- Responsible EU GDPR / WEEE compliant recycling
- Fast, efficient, hassle-free service
”Our disposal and recycling services ensure your organisation stays GDPR and WEEE compliant.Alpha IT Recycling